Saturday, January 10, 2009

"I'm the Goddamn Batman"

You may have heard about how bad the The Spirit movie is. I was really excited at first, but little did I know how bad it could be ruined by Frank Miller. I had read some of the old Will Eisner comics, which, even though they were somewhat outdated (LOTS of stereotypes), were really iconic and visionary (in the sense that he tried a lot of new things and conventions).

A couple years ago, I read The Dark Knight Returns. While it was much darker than any other Batman story to date, I thought it was interesting and worth reading (The Dark Knight Strikes Again not as much).

Then I got a copy of All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder from the library. I don't know if I can even start to explain how bad this comic is. It's almost so terribly bad it's good. I guess the best way to describe it would be if Batman went insane and became a psychotic vigilante who loves beating up/killing criminals. As every character in the book says at least once, he's "The Goddamn Batman"
These hilarious articles really show what I mean:

Enjoy!!!

No comments: