Thursday, August 28, 2008

School's not Out

This post's mostly for people who know me
Well, I'm finally a senior!!!
Nevertheless, I'm not that excited about school. I have a much easier schedule (2 music classes, BNC!, AP Calc, etc.) so this year should be fine.

If you're not keeping up with LOST, you should be. Dharma Wants You is finally working, and if you want to join, leave me your email address so that I can send you a registration link. Also, Lostpedia, one of the best Lost sites in my opinion, Blog is holding a contest to win different prizes like the videogame. Check it out.

I said I would be talking about Watchmen, so here we go. I know a lot of people who have gotten the graphic novel, most likely because of the trailer on The Dark Knight. This book is great and I consider it the definitive good example of a comic book. Also, in preparation for the movie, Warner Brothers is releasing a series of somewhat-animated "motion comics" on itunes, with narration, music, and some cool effects. The first episode costs 1.99 right now, but they are free when they are released (for about three weeks...I think). It's pretty cool, except for the falsetto on the Silk Spectre.

Speaking of The Office, if you didn't do it last season, Dunder Mifflin Infinity is starting soon. It's an online community/game type thing, where you earn Schutebucks by completing tasks so you can rise in the Dunder Mifflin staff. I'm in the Gaithersburg branch under the alias alex123456. Join and help our branch win!

If you live in the Silver Spring, Maryland area, there will be a 5k race to support victims of Hurricane Katrina that my class organized. It'll be held in Sligo Creek Park on Saturday.
Sign up and learn more here!

That's all for today, folks. I'll try and do some feature-type posts soon, like what I'm listening to, playing online, and watching. If you're reading this, thanks for reading, and make sure to leave comments!

No comments: